How to create a Skype Meeting Broadcast
Skype Meeting Broadcast is a feature of Skype for Business Online that enables you to schedule, produce, and broadcast meetings or events to online audiences up to 10,000 attendees. The Skype Meeting Broadcast portal is where you schedule a meeting of this size.
Schedule a meeting:
1. Browse to portal.broadcast.skype.com.
2. Sign in with your with your work or school account.
3. Click New Meeting.
4. Fill out the meeting information, including meeting title, date and time, duration, attendees, and access information.
When adding attendees, you'll see three levels of access:
o Anonymous. Anyone with the join link can attend, even if they are external to your company.
o Secure. Only those users who have been invited by the broadcast service can attend. When you select this option, you'll get an Attendees field where you can enter the email addresses of the people you want to invite. To invite a group, enter the group alias, such as email@example.com.
o All Company. Anyone from your company can attend by clicking the join link. They'll use their company user name and password to attend.
5. Click Done.
6. You'll see a meeting summary page with all the details. Next to Join link click Show.
7. Click the copy icon to copy the meeting join link.
8. Open your Outlook calendar, click New Meeting, and paste the event link into the body of your meeting invitation.
Join a Skype Meeting Broadcast:
You will receive an invitation to the Skype Meeting Broadcast. The invitation will look similar to other Skype for Business or Lync meeting invitations. You accept the invitation as you would other meetings and the event will be added to your calendar.
1. Sign in to the Skype Meeting Broadcast by clicking the meeting URL in the invitation.
2. At the Skype Meeting Broadcast page, click Join the event.
3. You will see the event's broadcast page where you will watch the Skype Meeting Broadcast.