How to Move SFB On-Premises Users to Online
You can use GUI or SFB Server Management Shell to achieve this.. Here I'm going to write about the Power Shell procedure as it's more professional and customizable.
Moving users by using Skype for Business Server Management Shell
To move an on-premises user to your Skype for Business Online tenant, run the following cmdlets in the Skype for Business Server Management Shell, using the Administrator Credentials for your Microsoft Office 365 tenant. Replace "firstname.lastname@example.org" with the information for the user that you want to move.
<code>Move-CsUser -Identity email@example.com -Target sipfed.online.lync.com -Credential $creds -HostedMigrationOverrideUrl <URL>
The format of the URL specified for the HostedMigrationOverrideUrl parameter must be the URL to the pool where the Hosted Migration service is running, in the following format:
You can determine the URL to the Hosted Migration Service by viewing the URL for the Skype for Business Online Admin center for your Office 365 tenant account.
To determine the Hosted Migration Service URL for your Office 365 tenant
- Login to your Office 365 tenant as an Administrator.
- Open the Skype for Business Admin Center.
- With the Skype for Business admin center displayed, select and copy the URL in the address bar up to lync.com. An example URL looks similar to the following:
- Replace webdir in the URL with admin, resulting in the following:
- Append the following string to the URL: /HostedMigration/hostedmigrationService.svc.
The resulting URL, which is the value of the HostedMigrationOverrideUrl, should look like the following: