How to change Outlook Data File (.ost) Location
There are Two methods for it..
Method 1: Create a new Outlook Profile and then change the location of the .ost file
Method 2: Set the ForceOSTPath registry entry to change the location of the .ost file
I'll use here the 2nd method as the first one is not very much reliable..
To set the ForceOSTPath registry entry in order to change the location of the .ost file,follow these steps:
Press the Windows and R Keys together to get a Run box opened..
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:
Note The xx.0 placeholder represents your version of Office (16.0 = Office 2016, 15.0 = Office 2013).
- Right-click Outlook, select New, and then click Expandable String Value.
- Type ForceOSTPath, and then press Enter.
- Right-click ForceOSTPath, and then click .
- In the Value data box, type the full path of where you want to store the .ost file (such as D:\MyOST), and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.