How to troubleshoot Email Delivery Failure Inbound
Time To Execute: 30m
Let's take an example here of the id email@example.com sends an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
But the mail is not received by the recipient.
The following will be the trouble shooting steps.
- Check that the user is enabled for Exchange properly and assigned the required product licenses.
- Check that the credentials has not been changed from the Active Directory, because of that the user will not be able to sign in or if the outlook app is already opened, the outlook will not update the inbox.
- Check that the Outlook profile is setup properly.
- Check that if the mailbox storage quota of the user has not crossed the limit.
- Check the Exchange mail flow rules.
- Check the accepted domains in
- Check whether if some kind of forwarding rule is applied to inbox and the mail is getting forwarded unnoticed. To have a clear look what's exactly happening with the mail, you may use the Message Traces in Office 365 Security and Compliance Center.