How to Backup Azure VM
Create a backup of Azure VM
- Sign in to the Azure portal.
- In the menu on the left, select Virtual machines.
- From the list, select a VM to back up.
- On the VM blade, in the Operations section, click Backup. The Enable backup blade opens.
- In Recovery Services vault, click Use Existing and provide the name for the new vault. A new vault is created in the same Resource Group and location as the virtual machine.
- Click Backup policy. For this example, keep the defaults and click OK.
- On the Enable backup blade, click Enable Backup.
- This creates a daily backup based on the default schedule.