How to Configure Backup Retention Span of a VM in Azure
Start Initial Backup in Azure
- Sign in to the Azure portal.
- In the menu on the left, select Virtual machines.
- From the list, select a VM to back up.
- On the VM blade, in the Operations section, click Backup. The Enable backup blade opens.
- To create an initial recovery point, on the Backup blade click Backup now.
- On the Backup Now blade, click the calendar icon, use the calendar control to select the last day this recovery point is retained, and click Backup.
- In the Backup blade for your VM, you see the number of recovery points that are complete.
- The first backup takes about 20 minutes. Proceed to the next part of this tutorial after your backup is finished.
Did this answer your question?
There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.