Restore Azure VM using Snapshot (UnManaged Disk)
How to take a snapshot of UnManaged OS disk and restore the VM from that snapshot
1. Login into Azure Portal and open Storage Explorer
2. Select subscription > Storage Account > Blob Containers > VHDs. Here you will see the unmanaged disk of your VM.
3. Click on Create Snapshot to take snapshot of the VM’s Unmanaged OS Disk
4. Click on Mange Snapshot to see the newly taken Snapshot of the VM.
5. Create a new Blob Container and Move the Snapshot to the newly created Blob Container. New Blob Container name is snapshot and you can see the newly moved snapshot into this container.
Create Disk from the Snapshot
1. You need to convert the snapshot which we made earlier into a disk. Click on Disks
2. Now, click on + Add
3. Fill in all the required details. Select Storage Blob Source type and click on browse. Select your snapshot blob container and select the Blob.
4. Click on Review + Create
5. After validation test passed click on Create.
6. Go again to the Disks Section and you will see that the new disk is created.
Now by using this disk you can create a VM
1. Click on the disk you created in the previous section
2. Click on Create VM
3. Fill in all required details and click Review + Create
4. Click Create in the final step
5. You can see your new VM, which is created using Snapshot in VM’s Section