How to Join the VM to AAD-DS
- Connect to the Windows Server. From the Start screen, open Server Manager.
- Click Local Server in the left pane of the Server Manager window.
- Click WORKGROUP under the PROPERTIES section. In the System Properties property page, click Change to join the domain.
- Specify the domain name of your Azure AD Domain Services managed domain in the Domain textbox and click OK.
- You are prompted to enter your credentials to join the domain. Ensure that you specify the credentials for a user belonging to the AAD DC Administrators group. Only members of this group have privileges to join machines to the managed domain.
After domain join is successful, you see the following message welcoming you to the domain. Restart the virtual machine for the domain join operation to complete.