How to Install OMS agents ON-Prem
- In the OMS portal, on the Overview page, click the Settings tile. Click the Connected Sources tab at the top.
- Click Windows Servers and then click Download Windows Agent applicable to your computer processor type to download the setup file.
- On the right of Workspace ID, click the copy icon and paste the ID into Notepad.
- On the right of Primary Key, click the copy icon and paste the key into Notepad.
Install the agent using setup
- Run Setup to install the agent on a computer that you want to manage.
- On the Welcome page, click Next.
- On the License Terms page, read the license and then click I Agree.
- On the Destination Folder page, change or keep the default installation folder and then click Next.
- On the Agent Setup Options page, you can choose to connect the agent to Azure Log Analytics (OMS), Operations Manager, or you can leave the choices blank if you want to configure the agent later. Click Next.
- If you chose to connect to Azure Log Analytics (OMS), paste the Workspace ID and Workspace Key (Primary Key) that you copied into Notepad in the previous procedure and then click Next.
- If you chose to connect to Operations Manager, type the Management Group Name, Management Server name, and Management Server Port, and then click Next. On the Agent Action Account page, choose either the Local System account or a local domain account and then click Next.
- On the Ready to Install page, review your choices and then click Install.
- On the Configuration completed successfully page, click Finish.
- When complete, the Microsoft Monitoring Agent appears in Control Panel. You can review your configuration there and verify that the agent is connected to Operational Insights (OMS). When connected to OMS, the agent displays a message stating: The Microsoft Monitoring Agent has successfully connected to the Microsoft Operations Management Suite service.