How to install Log Analytics agents on VMs
Install OMS Agents on VMs
- Sign into the Azure Portal.
- In the search bar of the portal, type Log Analytics Workspaces and select it.
- In your list of Log Analytics workspaces, select the one that you want to use with the Azure VM.
- Under Log analytics management, select Virtual machines.
- In the list of Virtual machines, select the virtual machine on which you want to install the agent. The OMS connection status for the VM indicates that it is Not connected.
- In the details for your virtual machine, select Connect. The agent is automatically installed and configured for your Log Analytics workspace. This process takes a few minutes, during which time the OMS Connection status is Connecting...
- After you install and connect the agent, the OMS connection status will be updated to show This Workspace.