How to Install DPM Server
- 1. Install SQL Server
- 2. 2 vCPU
- 3. 4096MB Memory dynamic min. 512MB – max. 8192MB
- 4. System Drive – 128GB Dynamic
- 5. Backup Drive – <whatever you need>GB
For updated information, please check this page.
The ISO of DPM you can download, have only a single MSI file that extract the source files for installation
- Mount this from a remote source or extract remote.
- Copy the MSI to C:\Temp
- Double-click on the MSI package and enter C:\Temp\DPM2016Setup as destination directory.
- After extracting – double-click on setup.exe – install will start.
- Click on Next and then ‘I accept’ and then Next.
- Choose the destination folder and click on Next.
- Click Extract.
- Click on Finish.
- Go to destination folder and click on Setup.
- Click on Data Protection Manager. and then Click on Accept.
- On the welcome page, click Next.
- On the Pre-req page, choose the appropriate options and then click on Check and Install. Once installed click on Next.
- Click on Next on all the pages, wait for the installation to complete, once it completes, click on Close.
- DPM server is now installed. You can Open DPM Server